What age range do you teach?
- Ages 3 years to adult.
How do I join?
- Call us at 719-229-8579 and schedule a trial class.
Do you force students into a contract?
- We are a month to month school, you pay on the 1st or 15th
- There is a 30 day cancellation policy though
What are my startup costs?
- You must purchase your own shorts, we prefer woodland cammo BDU shorts, or black shorts with no logos.
- Rattan sticks (2) – $20 or so
- School t-shirt – $30 or so
What other costs are associated with school attendance (some of these costs may be spread out over time as budget allows)?
- Monthly tuition
- We recommend 12-16 oz boxing gloves as soon as possible, they run anywhere from $30-100
- Mouth piece – $10-20
- Groin protection – $20-40
- At level 4 you will need shins guards, these run anywhere from $60-100
- At level 4 you will need head gear which runs $40-100. You may purchase it at anytime if you want to participate in sparring
- Elbow pads – $10-30
- Racquet ball goggles – $20-$60
- Hanbo – $30
- Bag gloves – $20-60
Do I have to purchase gear through your school?
- Sticks – yes
- Other gear is at your discretion, but see the list below for our preferred items
Do you participate in tournaments and like events?
- No. We teach practical self defense, most of which is not allowed in sport tournament settings.
What gear will I need?
- Escrima sticks
- Headgear: https://rdxsports.com/combox-head-guard/
- Adult Shin Guards: https://rdxsports.com/rdx-t4-shin-instep/ or https://rdxsports.com/rdx-leather-mma-shin-guards-protector/
- Kids Shin Guards: https://rdxsports.com/rdx-mma-cow-hide-leather-shin-insteps/
- Gloves: (Adults need to buy 16oz gloves when possible) Pick anything from this page:
- Handwraps: https://rdxsports.com/rdx-hand-wraps-fist-inner-gloves-bandages/
- Mouth Guard: https://rdxsports.com/protective-gear/mouth-guard/?p=1 (or buy at local sporting goods store)
- Groin protection: Buy locally at sporting goods store
- Chest protection: Some girls/women may want this, however it’s optional
Do you charge testing fees?
- At Brown belt and Black belt there are testing fees
How long will it take me to get my Black Belt?
- There are 18 levels to get through the material. It would not be uncommon to spend 3-4 years to get your Black Belt
Am I required to spar?
- Yes, but please be aware that our sparring is tightly controlled and based on a student’s readiness.
Does your school do katas (forms)?